Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #173


This week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges it's "All About Books". My mojo has been sadly lacking over the past few days since being sick, with projects taking me significantly longer than usual to put together so I like the way they look. But late last week my good friend Deb Adams sent me the link to an AMAZING tutorial to make a little book basically out of scraps. I have long been a follower of Amy from Stampin'Stuff and was surprised I'd missed this little gem but soo glad Deb let me know about it! 

I had NO IDEA what I was going to create for this week's challenge but late Friday night I decided I was so excited about this tutorial that I wanted to see if I could get it done! Shame I had to take my son to tennis comp on Saturday morning!!!!! I did take a few short-cuts on this to get it done - not letting the glue or tea-stained pages drying properly for example - LOL - but am loving how it turned out and am feeling those creative juices flowing again! The spine of this is half a toilet roll tube cut lengthwise to give you an idea of size. I used some offcut microfibre suede to cover the outside but brown cardstock in place of fabric on the inside as the fabric took too long to glue down.


Amy uses album binders to hold her pages together - but with no time to go shopping I had to improvise and used some twine to tie everything together - after discovering glue alone just wasn't going to cut it! The holes are all there when I get a chance to change them over though!

Don't forget to check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the fabulous MDUC DT on our blog HERE.

Copics Used - Skin (E21, E13, E11, E000, R20, R11) plus  B97, B95, B91, E77, E42, E41, E18, W3, W2, W1, W00

11 comments:

Caroline said...

This is stunning I love the little book. The image is adorable. Caroline xxx

cebelica said...

Wow, this is awesome. I like how you decorated the cover and how you put everything together. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial too, will give this a try. :) Hugs! xx

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous! I love this little book, I'll definitely check out the tutorial, thanks so much for sharing, hope you're feeling better soon
Hugs julie P

Berry said...

Gosh Debbie this is just superb hugs Rebekah xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oh my gosh!!! debbie this is incredible! wow you have done such a great job i can understand it would have taken forever to do. Great work! :)

heidy said...

Wow Debbie,this is amazing,love it!!!
XXX Heidy

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Even your lack of mojo projects put mine to shame! Sigh! This is incredible! Love this project! Hugs xxx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathleen said...

Amazing book. Cute image and fab embellies.
Kathleen x

Louise said...

Hiya Debalisious!
And so is is your project this week, very Debalisious luscious! :) Stunningly cute Tilda that fits on here like a glove :) Besides that shes perfectly inked too :)
This must have taken a long time to put togheter and its very well done! Stunning! Amazing inspiration for our readers :)

Biggest of hugs

Merry said...

So very clever...love how you have used the toilet roll for the spine.