Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Reversing Stamps

I had a couple of questions about how to use a reversing stamp and what one is after mentioning one in my previous post. Rubber stamps come in one size and face only one way when stamped out. This is unlike digi stamps which are easy to manipulate to suit your layout. You can't re-size rubber stamps without copyright infringements but you CAN "flip" them using a reversing stamp - which is basically a blank wood mounted rubber stamp you stamp your image onto and then use this to re-stamp your image onto cardstock ready to colour. Here are some pictures which I hope explains everything for you....but note - you have to stamp your image off fairly quickly so the ink doesn't dry out.

Image used here is by Magnolia and is an exclusive release for Shopbron called Koala Cuddles Tilda. I've used Momento Black ink and X-Press it blending paper.

My reversing stamp is a Judi Kins Solid Palette Rectangle - Large
EDIT - you can find these stamps in different shapes and sizes - HERE is a link to the one I have!





11 comments:

alethea said...

Wow, what a brilliant idea!! Where do you get the reverse stamping pad from?? HUgsxx

Jane said...

Oh aren't we a clever clogs!LOL That is ingenius - and I'll definitely give it a go once I've got the kit. Thanks for the tip Debbie, you're a star.
Hugs
Jane

Unknown said...

Oooo Great and easy tut Debbie.... Love that awesome Siggy at the bottom, I wonder where you got that from;-p LOL
Cuddles
Karen
xxx

Trudie said...

What a fantastic post Debbie!! I have been wondering whether you could do something like this for some time now. Gonna have to get me one of these now!!!
Hugs
Trudie xxx

alethea said...

Thanks Debbie for popping by my blog, becoming a follower, leaving some lovely comments and for giving me the link for the reverse stamp pad!! Hugsxx

Cor* said...

I'm so getting one of these. How do u clean the reversing stamp!? Same way as a normal stamp?! Thanks Debbie!

Mina said...

brilliant Debbie...what a great way to use a stamp in a different way
Mina xxx

rubber stamps said...

Oh my goodness!!! absolutely breathtaking!!!! You are such an inspiration!!

Bronlyn said...

Love it Debbie ...you are a star

hugs Bron

Kerryn said...

I didn't know these existed! What a great idea. Thank you for the eye opener!

Lynda said...

Love that idea....and thanks for the link Debbie. I assume you put it onto the reversing block in Stazon or similar??? ooxx