Monday, March 16, 2009

Late for the Challenge!


This little lady was originally going to be popped on a card for Kristina Werner's last challenge, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White. I began to colour her in last week - but then life got in the way and I missed out on getting her finished in time for the challenge. I also realised that the watercolour paper is more Very Vanilla than Whisper White anyway - so I put her away for a couple of days. But she looked so sad sitting unloved on my table that I decided she needed a card where she was the centre of attention. I decided to use Going Gray instead of the darker Basic Gray - and added a dash of Pretty in Pink too. I was a bit worried she'd look too dull - but I'm really happy with how she ended up!

Added bonus - I got to play with my new nesties again - LOL!

17 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

Debbie this card is awesome!! I dont own any tilda stamps but you sure are convincing me LOL

Leigh said...

I do like the pink you've added Debbie. Great card.

Kellie said...

It's gorgeous, I love the effect that colouring these Magnolia's in black and white can bring and yours is just GORGEOUS! Fantastic card Deb, Kellie xx

Jean said...

Debbie, What a beautiful job you have done of colouring in this little girl. Love everything about the card!!

Ange Kelly said...

This is so cute! and the touch of pink looks gorgeous! Ange :)

Leonie said...

Such a very pretty card, impressive as always

Zarna said...

Everyone colours these girls in pastels and cutsie colours but this girl has attitude! I love it!

Cheryl Joshua said...

WOW,love it!!! Your colouring is fabulous!!

Mandy Schiller said...

Love it Debbie your watercolouring is fantastic. I carn't wait for my stamps to arrive.

Mandyxx

Kristy said...

Gorgeous Debbie, I love those colours together.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Another fantastic card Debbie - love this monochrome look!
I agree with Amy - it's awesome!

faye butterworth said...

I love the colours of black, grey and white together, they work so well.Faye

Bec said...

WOW,,Love the effect of the Grey and Black... This LOOKS STUNNING.. I love it !!!!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Those Nestie Dies are so much fun! I need to get more shapes... and I LOVE your card!! The added colors of pink and blended tones of gray and black work very well. You nailed this challenge my friend!! Smiles!! :)

PS - I'm playing more with my watercolor paper!!

Maggie said...

Thank you for stopping by
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blgospot.com
Maggie

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I LOVE the black and white (and gray) and a touch of pink! Thank goodness you pulled this out and finished it!

Sleepy hugs,
Lisa

SCRAP DIDI said...

Oh beautiful card !!
i love colors and i love stamp!!!
hugs didi