Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Box and Card Class


Recently I received an email from a local church group asking if I could come along to their ladies Christmas craft night and help them make a box and a card - they had found my name through the SU website! I'm lucky in that the night they need me for is next week - just before the close of the Spring mini so I can use the wonderfully versatile Season of Joy stamp set - this has GOT to be a Christmas favourite! Also luckily for me I received a group email from Jenni Oliver showing us how to make this cute box using only 1/3 of an A4 sheet - although mine does use a tiny bit extra (from my scrap box) for the handle - Jenni's used ribbon. I've crimped the handle for a little bit of extra interest. The band for the box and card came from one strip of Dashing DP - I thought it would be nice for each lady to leave with a co-ordinating set. I also popped on a couple of rhinestones - Christmas needs Bling and I have plenty to play with in my "bling box"!

I was a little concerned that I had used punches on certain elements because there are a few "lovely oldies" in the group who may have trouble using them - but figured I could take along some extra punched pieces if they were needed as they add such a dimension to the finished cards - hope I'm right! I made this set up early so the group could see what they would be doing - I also popped some Christmas mints in some cellophane and popped them in the box - I thought it would be nice to show off how cute they look all finished and ready for the Christmas season.

The colours I used were Real Red, Old Olive and Certainly Celery.

I'm certainly looking forward to the challenge of demonstrating to a big group - the lady I've been organising everything through has been so lovely that I'm sure the night will go well!

2 comments:

Ramona Michaluk said...

What a cute set Debbie - love the idea of the crimped handle for that extra detail !

yvonne said...

these are beautiful Deb, I am sure they will all love them!